The City Administrator’s Office and the position of the City Administrator were created pursuant to Resolution No. 260, Ordinance No. 115, Series of 1981. The functions of the City Administrator is mandated under Section 480, Article 10 of Republic Act 7160 – the Local Government Code of 1991. One of the functions thereof was to exercise supervision and control over all Davao City government enterprises and/or departments performing purely proprietory functions. Its functional statement is to develop plans, strategies and formulate guidelines, standards and regulations and implements the same, particularly those with the management and administration-related programs and projects. Maintains coordination, supervision and control over all divisions, programs and project initiated of this office.
Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the mayor, as the case may be, implement the same particularly those which have to do with the management and adminstration-related projects which the mayor is empowered to implement and which the sanggunian is empowered to provide for under this Code. Assist in the coordinaion of the work of all the officials of the local government unit, under the supervision, direction and control of the mayor, and for this purpose she may convene the chiefs-of-offices and other officials of the local government unit. Establish and maintain a sound personnel program for the local government unit designed to promote career development and uphold the merit principle in the local government service. Conduct a continuing organizational development of the local government unit with the end in view of instituting effective administrative reforms. Be in the frontline of the delivery of administrative support services, particularly those related to the situations during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities. Recommend to the Sanggunian and advise the mayor, as the case may be, on all other matters relative to the management and administration of the LGU. Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
We envision Davao City as an LGU of effective administration and efficient management that contributes to community empowerment and attainment of integral development.
- We shall enhance the government’s machinery to unleash dynamism for economic progress and in nation building;
- We shall improve capabilities in administration and governance to strengthen democracy and attain sustainable development for progress and prosperity;
- We shall maintain partnership with private sectors and non-government organizations in delivery of public services taking their involvement as an engine of growth;
- We shall upgrade the practice of administering and managing in order to develop public confidence in the service rendered and fostering credibility as an economic activity.
- To establish a sound and effective operations in the organization.
- To realize its vision which adheres towards the principles of good governance.
On September 7, 1981, the position and the Office of the City Administrator were created pursuant to Resolution No. 260, Ordinance No. 115, Series of 1981. The enumerated functions of the City Administrator is mandated under Section 480 of Republic Act No. 7160 – Local Government Code of 1991.
Who we are
Atty. Zuleika T. Lopez – City Administrator
Atty. Tristan Dwight P. Domingo – Assistant City Administrator (Administration)
Atty. Lawrence D. Bantiding – Assistant City Administrator (Operations)
What we do
THE CITY ADMINISTRATOR
- Develop plans and strategies upon approval thereof by the City Mayor. As the case maybe, implements the same, particularly those which have to do with the management and administration-related programs and projects which the Mayor is empowered to provide under the Local Government Code
- In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the City Administrator shall assist in the coordination of the works of all officials of the local government unit, under the supervision, direction and control of the City Mayor, and for this purpose, he may convene the chiefs of offices and other officials of the local government unit.
- Recommends to the Sangguniang Panlungsod and advises the Mayor on all matters relative to the management and administration of the local government unit.
- Exercises such other powers and performs such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law ordinances.
THE ASSISTANT CITY ADMINISTRATOR FOR ADMINISTRATION
- Under the direction of the City Administrator, performs the following functions:
- Takes charge of supervising, monitoring and coordinating the functions and activities of the Administrative Division, Management Staff Coordinating Division, and various projects undertaken by the office.
- Formulates and conducts studies on continuing improvement of internal organization, management practices and operational procedures of the City Government.
- Plans and directs all administrative activities and service functions of the office relative to personnel and records management, supply and property utilization, budget preparation, maintenance and repair.
- Maintains linkages with other offices and departments relative to the coordinative functions.
- Recommends policies, standards and guidelines for administrative development procedures for the Office of the City Administrator.
- Assists the City Administrator in developing plans and strategies particularly those which have to do with the management and administration-related programs and projects of the city.
- Assists in conducting a continuing organizational development of the local government with the end view of instituting effective administrative reforms.
- Shall assist the City Administrator in gathering data of the different programs and projects to make it workable, productive and laudable projects.
- Formulate guidelines in the development and implementation of the different Executive Orders being used.
THE ASSISTANT CITY ADMINISTRATOR FOR OPERATIONS
- Takes charge of supervising, monitoring and coordinating the functions and activities of the Disaster Coordinating Division and the City Information Technology Center.
- Formulates plans, programs and projects to meet the exigencies of disasters and disaster-related situations as well as in the adoption and application of information and communication technology.
- Plans and directs all administrative activities and service functions of the office.
- Personnel Management
- Records Management
- Supply & Property Utilization
- Budget Preparation
- Maintenance and Repair
- Serves as the center of communications; Maintains linkages with other offices/departments.
- Market Committee Operation, Sub-committee & processing raffles
- Other Government Committees
- Clerical Services to Special Projects
- Clerical Services to Other Offices
- For approval – Documents from other Offices
- Recommends policies, standards and guidelines; For administrative development procedures.
- Memorandum Order Issuances/ Administrative Orders/ Office Orders Issuance
- Conducts researches & studies relative to management and administration of the City Government.
- Research Statistics
- Data banking as basis for making workable plans/programs
- Designs administrative plans & strategies of the office through coordination within/other concerned offices/agencies.
- Public info campaign/dissemination on natural disasters/events (i.e. transport strike, typhoons
- Access to national and local government agencies re: social services/referral systems
- Waste segregation program in coordination with CENRO
- Motorpooling system – make available vehicles for urgent use
- Rehabilitation of comfort rooms at the executive department
- District management services program
- Reviews & determines the validity of programs/projects – infra components.
- Assists in informal management audit project assessment and program review.
- Makes periodic monitoring of programs and projects.
- Facilitates program during national and legal holidays.
- Araw ng Dabaw Celebration
- Araw ng Kagitingan
- Philippine Independence Day
- Jose Rizal’s Birthday
- Ninoy Aquino Day
- Kadayawan sa Dabaw
- National Heroe’s Day
- Andres Bonifacio Day
- Jose Rizal’s Death Anniversary
- ssists in conducting organizational development of the local government with the end view of instituting effective administrative reforms.
- Unveilling of new street names
- Management Services Project
- Infra and Non-Infra Project Inspection & Evaluation and Special Concerns Project